Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the letter 'H'

Just in time for the holidays

Nothing like a boring meeting on to make me pick up the threads of something I let slide for months: reading blogs. And nothing like catching up on blogs (which is sorta like catching up with a whole bunch of old friends, all at the same time) to make me realise that I'm way, way, I’m.

For the record, yes, this took me
couple days to complete. The letter 'H' is harder than it looks.
10 Things I love that begin with ... the letter 'H'

1. Home --- namely, the apartment where
my parents and I have been nesting for the past 100 years or so. It's not posh, it's not huge, it's not tidy --- but it's got everything where we want it to be (more or less), a great view of the neighbourhood, is in a lovely neighbourhood itself with sum scattered slum, and it's ours.

2. Himachal Pradesh, where in 2000 I spent a few very touristy days with college mates from Aligarh, though it was my first college trip,in our architectural lingua we call it“study tour”,then spent a few very drunk days with the friends --- wherein I discovered that trekking was not that hard to pick up, tourist drivers give local drivers the evil stink-eye, why the other side of apples garden is always green? and the local people would have killed us unless we didn’t thrown up our camera.

3. Hosseini Khalid --- wickedly good Iranian writer. I read his books, then despair of ever being able to
write.

4. "Hero" Enrique Iglesias and other carols of its ilk. Blame it on when I used to sing in full heroic manner,”I can be ur hero baby” with a deep Indian accent which seems so heavenly honest entailed going carolling on road.
5. Halwa—specially gajar (carrots) and the term halwa I really hats-off the person who christened it.
6. Hrithik Roshan. But only because I just watched Lakshya again on Monday, and I'm feeling that really my country needs me.

7. Hadid Zaha—an architect-well, maybe not so much in particular, but I was a bit of bi-ased with the way she design. The interest was only brought up short by the cold hard brick wall of reality when I realised how much actual physics I would need to have in my back pocket if I go for case study of her designed building seriously coz 99% of wall is not at right angle.


8.
Haroun and the Sea of Stories, which I only read after I was about to leave AMU. Such a beautiful book, metaphorically and literally, if you happen to own the illustrated version, which, I snatched with great jealousy from Ifty my roomies.

9. Harami! –Bastard, Which is a term I hardly ever use, actually, but it was the first thing
comes in my mind when I was struggling with this H-list. Oops.

10. Honda Activa—my dream, my passion an my first bike.By the time I purchashed I had no passion left in me, my hairs turns grey in saving cash for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hats off to u!
    Highly excellent!
    Happening!
    hmm..
    so when r u posting the rest of the letter's lists?? especislly the 'A' list!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...