Friday, January 15, 2010

Reality of Romance

It's Friday afternoon and I've been overcome with a mix of feelings: guilt, loneliness, and romance. (Most importantly, romance.)
Plz come forward i am missing you today. Maybe it's because I've recently seen Nothing Hill, or it's that I've been listening to Leona Naess, who I might add can make you feel emotional in an instant, (If you haven't heard of her, be sure to start with Lazy Days, Shiny on the Inside, and Sunny Sunday.) or maybe it's the gloomy weather that's bringing up these emotions to the surface, (or maybe the combination of the three) but somehow, I just needed to get away from it all.

After watching way too much trashy., (as Leona puts it) I chose to hide away in my bedroom, windows shut and covered in blankets. Some might say this is a pathetic way to live, shutting yourself off from the world by going into hiding in your room, but to me, it's not only comfortable, I feel it's very well-deserved. I'm less than a third on reading/looking about others and something that had an effect on me: "Reality rarely lives up to the romance." Sad, but true. Life is hard, sometimes excruciating. I think it's only natural that sometimes we willingly choose to cut ourselves off from the sad, exhausting reality that is life. In fact, I don't even know why I'm trying to justify this, because it's perfectly normal. Since I can't pause life, all I basically did was change the channel. Everyone does this. Everyone gets sick of life, at some point in their lives. Why else do we blog?

Lived right smack in the middle of a roller coaster. I mean, imagine that for a second. Living with fantasy all the time, suspended from reality (sometimes literally) 24/7? I mean, in retrospect, that's probably partially the reason why people ended up being such a neurotic and pessimistic character, but having that immense playground to yourself whenever you want, being detached from reality and not having a care in the worldI know I've blogged before about how I'm so glad about finally being an adult and grown-up and mature. It's just that I guess when things don't go a certain way, when people disappoint you, when you're just sick of it all, you just want to cover yourself up and somehow, underneath those covers, you hope, that once you put the covers down, it'll all be better. It's like that peek-a-boo game that you play when you were a kid, you don't know it's gonna be the same face behind those hands, but somehow, you hope, once those hands are down, it'll all get better.


I guess this is just another bump in the road, and we all have our own ways of dealing with them. Some people choose to face it head on, some decide to shy away from it, I, on the other hand, chose to live on my own terms, and pretend it never happened....

1 comment:

  1. i guess u r obsessed with something.. u know what,, u should not feel like this ever. it will bring you nothing. but u should talk, share and solve the matter with the one because of whom this blog has been created. or just try to solve the puzzle which has resulted in this blog.
    blog is really nice. your way of expressing the feelings is awesome. keep it up!
    - a friend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...